Tuesday 21 May 2019

This Title is Intentionally Blank

I've been tinkering with odds and ends preparing for the WMAS flight shoot at the weekend up near Telford.
I've been preparing flight arrows, checking bows etc. I would have done some shooting last Sunday but it was Essex Young Farmers Show on the shooting ground, anyway, probably a good things as I'd probably have broken some arrows.
I bought a Sharpie Liquid Highlighter for colouring the arrows... I'd tried an old highlighter that I had lying around and it worked quite well but dried up quickly. The sharpie one has liquid in it and works well, the arrows don't look very yellow until you get them in daylight and then they show up nicely. It's not as bright as the Rust-oleum Bright Neon Yellow paint but it isn't thick (which can leave a slight ridge on the shaft) and is much easier to apply.

I've also been working on the crossbow limbs getting them drilled and building up the nocks. I'll add string buffers to the crossbow this time to try and take some of the shock off the limbs.

I ordered a trail cam off the interweb, it turned up this morning and I've got it set up to watch the outside around the cat flap to see if any unwanted cats are coming in or if foxes are sniffing about. Emily cat has been a bit nervous lately and has been over-grooming causing bare patches on her forelegs :-( . Mind she's been otherwise ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment