Sunday 28 June 2020

Boo Backed Yew Bows

I went out for a bit of roving which was most refreshing, not too hot and a pleasantly brisk wind.
I took the much repaired boo/Yew primitive to return to my mate JT who used for the rove. He felt it hadn't lost much weight and when we shot at the 240 yard mark (albeit with a stiff tail wind) he used some flight arrows and sailed about 60 yards past! So that proves the Titebond III word fine.
I shot My Ash backed Yew which is comfortable to shoot and makes a decent distance.

Meanwhile I've been making a 35# Boo Yew ELB for an old friend, it's at about the lowest weight I like to make as they are getting a bit skinny and twitchy if you go much lower. As it is I miss-read my scale and was pulling it to 45#, mind it was on a slack string, so no harm done. It's braced now and ready for the horn nocks and narrowing the tips.
I've done a couple of videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKSRcSfu-9A&t=27s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L-SceJzYl4&t=173s


No comments:

Post a Comment