Sunday 17 July 2022

Another one Bites the Dust

 I'd been sorting through my satves and found a "premium Pacific Yew stave" (cost about £300 but it was given to me in exchange for making a bow from another similar stave... looking closely at one end there was a big swirl/knot in the grain. If I sawed off those few inches it would make a nice length high poundage flight bow. I laid it ou and, on running it through the bandsaw a nasty knot that had grown over was exposed.
I persevered, filled the know, gradually worked it down aiming for a nice slim bow.  I'd fitted temporary horn nock overlays so that I could get it to a low brace and pulled it to about 90# @ 22". It was ready to slim the outer limbs and get them coming round more. 






I'd taken video throught the process and posted them on my Youtube chanel (Del Cat)... I though I'd try and get some nice stills for the blog, but just as I got it to about 95# it went bang.




No comments:

Post a Comment