Saturday 15 December 2018

40# Yew ELB Virtually Finished.

I've fitted the horn nocks, the top one is black, and the bottom one has turned out to be very dark brown! I tapered the tips/outer limbs to blend nicely into the nocks, getting them to flex a bit more.
If you compare with the pic in the previous post you can see the shape is more full bellied.
It needed some careful work on the knots and dips near the tips, making sure there were no thick spots.
It's now pulling 40# at 27", I'll leave the last 1" of draw until I've made a string and I can shoot some arrows through it to get it "shot in".
Note, an extra inch of draw only equates to about 1.4 pounds increase in draw weight.
I made a video here :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwckQDlBE8&t=7s
And here's a still showing it at 40# @ 27"
It may want a leather grip and arrow plate, I'll consult the guy who commissioned
it.

No comments:

Post a Comment