Sunday 30 August 2020

Shooting the Horn Bow

 


I took the horn bow roving, having strung it before I set off. I got someone to video me shooting it, but when I got home ... no camera... I'd swear I'd lobbed it into the car, but its nowhere to be seen. I daresay, as soon as I buy a new one, it will miraculously turn up!
Some of the guys were still at the club and when contacted said they couldn't see it anywhere, mind they did find one of my lost arrows which helps a tad.
The bow performed quite well, it was me that was the limiting factor, and I wish I had the video to see how far I was drawing. As I warmed up and the bow settled in, I reckon I was shooting about 250 yards and probably drawing about 25".
The bow was showing that one weak limb as still rather weak with bit of a tendency for the string to move over to one side. I was mostly shooting Mediterranean loose, but did shoot 3 or 4 with the thumb ring, which went quite well.

Now I'm home, I've got the weak limb strapped into a hint of extra reflex and I've added some more sinew to the weak area and to the weaker side. I'll leave it for a few weeks before reappraising it.

I'm more irritated about the memory card than the camera... I s'pose I'll buy the same model, as I know it does the job and I have a spare battery for it (Canon IXUS) at least it's not a stupidly expensive one.

Ha! The camera has turned up... it had slithered down the back of the rear seat squabs, Jackie got her slim lady hands down there and fished it out. I'll post some pics later!


No comments:

Post a Comment