Monday, 24 October 2011

Trigger Mechanism Try Out

I've cut out the trigger mechanism, drilled a hole for peg (11/32") and used a bit of arrow shaft as the peg.
I've dry assembled it and cocked it just to check it holds. There is tons of work slimming down the stock, shaping it nicely and binding the prod into place.
(Excuse the camera strap flapping about in the first pic)

The trigger mechanism will doubtless need some fine tuning too.
There is a fair bend on the bow, I don't really want to risk more, if I did want to work it any harder I'd take 1/2" off each limb tip.
Once it's finished I will be able to use it to test other prods.
I hope the pics are self explanatory.

1 comment: