Tuesday 29 May 2018

Starting a Spliced Yew Bow


I've been busy around the house and garden, but itching to get back to a bow... so, when yesterday Martin, one of the guys from Now Strike Archery got in touch after a 60# Yew bow, I was keen to get started!
Well I just happened to have this spliced stave that I'd made up ages ago and hadn't used as it was too good and big for a run of the mill 40# and too small for a full blown warbow.
60# is right in the Goldilocks zone, so I filed in some nocks and gave it a quick look on the tiller. I made a video here.
Here's a couple of pics showing how nicely the sapwood heartwood boundary matches up at the grip.

Having a good day... took some rubble and garden rubbish to the council tip. I got another coat of paint on the garage door early on before it started raining and thundering.
Done some on the bow and turned down the footing on two flight arrows that I'd glued up yesterday.
Emily Cat was missing all morning but eventually turned up soaking wet... proper towel job. Just gone out again even though it's still pouring! She's bonkers... Ah, just come back in... maybe not so daft.

No comments:

Post a Comment