Friday 9 August 2019

A Bit of Chit Chat

Had my Nephew and his family over yesterday, lovely weather kids playing in the garden, picnic lunch. Excellent but tiring with two little girls 6 and 2, they had stayed overnight and the little one had apparently fallen out of bed in the night, which led to their dad having to kip on the floor next to her... such fun!

I've been wound up for a week with my car, the power steering had failed and the Nissan dealer couldn't fit it in for ages and were unhelpful and were going to be expensive. I found a local garage who said they'd do it (fit a new electric steering column)... long story short, they did the work, but couldn't get the car electronics to recognising the new unit and it just locked them out despite trying several top end electronic diagnostic machines and phoning Nissan for help!
They had to refit the old unit in the end, but didn't charge me anything. I felt they had acted in good faith and spent the time, so I gave the bloke £40 for a drink. By contrast Nissan wanted £114 just to plug in the diagnostic machine (bastards). Anyhow the car is still driveable, but it's hard work manoeuvring at low speed.
We were thinking of going electric, but almost every manufacturer is waiting for next years models, or can only offer something with about 140 mile range. Prob' buy a 2nd hand petrol automatic to tide us over, then go electric when they actually have cars to sell. (You can always get great deals on stuff they don't have!).

Meanwhile I'm a tad jaded with exploding bows so I had a good tidy out of long random timber area of the garage. I found lots of length of "nearly useful" yew and some other stuff which I either trimmed into useful sized or put in the scrap sack. It's a lot clearer now.

Back to the car dilemma... I could just go out, slap down some cash and get something... but of course I have to get it pass my less impetuous and generally better half first (rolls eyes ;-) )
Still it all smacks of first world problems, mind it could be worse...
I could be at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment