Saturday 24 August 2019

Re-built Bow Finished

The 3 ring per inch Warbow that broke at the splice has now been rebuilt as 60# @ 28". I had some fun trying to see the curve of the bow on the tiller so I had a cunning plan. I stuck pieces of card along the bow and trimmed them to a straight line with the bow unstrung, this gives a good reference for the eye to follow.
I took some video here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0cyp4g9Noc&t=32s
I've also done a video of it being shot into the garage. To get a decent video I've constructed a temporary backcloth which hooks over the guttering, this stops the light sky bleaching out the top of the frame and losing the upper limb. I'd been meaning to do this for ages, and had been looking for a simple solution. An old garden rubbish sack seems to work well to block the light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkC9dNJzbgY
Just out of interest I'll try posting video direct onto here to see how the quality compares.
Ah, the video seems as good, probably 'cos it's all owned by Google now and is actually the same platform... sorry I don't really know what I'm on about but I thought saying platform would be impressive.... platform platform platform... oh dear I've gone all Miranda now... such fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment