Tuesday 31 May 2022

If it's not one thing its another!

 I decided to steam out some of the sideways bend from the wonky stave (not the end with the knot). I got it all set up to steam and went in for a cuppa.... hmmm I go to get milk for my tea and the light in the fridge is off???
...a circuit breaker had tripped, it was labelled "Garage/Microwave" . (Some circuits share a breaker).
You guessed it, the steamer had given up the ghost and tripped the breaker.
I reset the breaker... hmmm still no power in the garage?? Check the RDC fused spur in the garage... can't get the fuse out... it's melted in!
Groan... so now I need to buy and fit a new RCD fused spur box and buy a new steamer...
Of course the steamers I can just go out and buy have a smaller reservoir and lower power than my old one (grrr).
E-bay has some 5L and 2200w (same as the old one) at a better price (~£31) so I've ordered one of them.
And relax... now where's that cuppa?
Having been frustrated in my attempt to do some steaming, I set to and did a bit with the draw knife, having first sawn a couple of inches off one end to give a 79" stave with the fattest bit nearer the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment