Monday 30 May 2022

Wonky Yew Stave

 I've been busy with random stuff like flushing out the central heating system and having a cold and dental work. The urge to work on a bow have returned, it's very therapeutic too, a bit of peace and quiet making shavings. I'd been pondering what specifically to do and at the request of my mate JT I'd had a look at a heavy Yew flight bow that I'd made some time back. It looked like it had hardly been shot, so that may be one for him to use this year... whilst looking my eye was drawn to the wonky stave that I'd roughed out some time back (I've rather lost track of time this year! Haven't we all?)
Anyhow here are some pics of the wonky stave... I'm thinking of utilising the natural deflex/reflex shape and going for a long draw 31"@ 70# as a target (terms and conditions apply etc ;-) )


No comments:

Post a Comment