Wednesday 12 April 2023

Automaton Musings

 I've been toying with the idea of a bigger improved archer automaton.
Maybe steam powered , 8' tall self propelling, sentient and able to take over the world (cackles wildly). Sorry, getting carried away in steam punk fantasy for a moment. But seriously, something more modest, but made of steel with a greater range of movement and maybe 2' tall.
My gasless mig welder has proved to be very handy and capable of doing fairly fine work, and the mechanical release aid for the H bow, could well be the basis for the archers hand and loosing mechanism.
I have a few other projects to get on with first, but it's good to have ideas bubbling away in the background.
I've just bought a new camera off E-bay that should have a much better slo-mo capability (well slightly faster frame rate, but at full screen and decent resolution). I'm also looking at improved lighting, which is needed for high speed photography.
The next actual bow I'll be making will be a Rowan primitive.
Meanwhile I'm doing a bit of practice shooting into the garage as I've booked into a field shhot at the end of the month... I only do one or two these days and Cloth of Gold is always a good shoot and a chance to meet up with some mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment