Thursday 30 August 2018

Almost Finished

I don't want to count my chickens too early, but there comes a time when the horn nock overlays need to go on and the ends need slimming. I can't resist buffing up the nocks as I start cleaning up the bow.
Lower limb is the one with the waggle, (uppermost in top left pic. Bottom in pic on the right, closest to camera in lower pic)
It's been drawn to about 26" so it's pretty much there, bearing in mind that 2 more inches of draw length is only about 2/3" of tip movement.
Here's some pics for a sneak peek, the heartwood belly will look much darker when finished with Danish oil and beeswax.
You may notice I've made the belly slightly concave in places, not actually a hollow limb design, bore a slight nod to it and a way of following the wood and bringing the draw weight down without de-crowning or taking away most of the heart wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment