Sunday 26 August 2018

Aurora Shoot

Had a good days shooting despite some fairly heavy rain, shooting in a group of 5, (1 PV, 1 AFB, a couple of recurves and a bamboo recurve which I don't know what style it was being shot as...)
I came last but not by too much, but then I shoot far less frequently than the other guys. I made some good long shots.
I was very pleased with the footed arrows, I certainly hit stones a couple of times and had some wicked deflections from trees which would have smashed my regular arrows, but the footed ones survived unscathed. I did contrive to lose one which was a bit irritating, but overall most enjoyable especially when warmed up with the Chicken and potato curry, which was most welcomed when we stopped for lunch in a rather soggy state.
Thanks to all at Aurora for the great shoot.
Brian, one of our group took this pic, that shows my skin of the teeth first arrow wound, which made amends for one that bounced off the back of a wolf!

No comments:

Post a Comment