Saturday 18 August 2018

Finished my Arrows

I've got my new footed arrows done ready for a shoot on the 26th.

Been busy in the garage and the garden, my mini mill has been completely stripped and re-built, I put in new bearing while I was at it and reassembled it correctly rather than botching it together as a previous owner had done. I had to build a new drawer under the bench to accommodate the tools, but that's a good thing as it uses up some of the timber I have lying about.


Raiders of the Lost Manhole :-
Meanwhile we've been building a new compost heap and digging out the old one which was there when we moved in about 25 years ago.
According to the deeds of the house there is a man hole cover underneath it!

We have a large tree in that area and I wanted to open up the man hole and check that the tree roots aren't damaging the drains. We eventually located the manhole cover a full 8" beneath the ground level! I'll have to excavate round it, build up the brick work and re-install the cover. Maybe I'll get someone in to do it, but, that's prob' the easy bit anyhow!
Hopefully I'll be getting on with the bows soon.
Indeed I've taken the drawknife to the belly of the character Yew primitive, the wood is full of shakes... maybe it'll make a bow, maybe it won't. Once I get it on the tiller I'll have an idea how it seems to behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment