Friday 17 December 2021

Elm Staves and some tidying

 I've been having a bit of a sort out and used the old cedar cladding to make some more storage boxes so my met raw material is now separated into ferrous, non ferrous round and flat. Another job was to saw my target boss in half and glue it back together with the outsides to the middle. I had some contact adhesive left over from my roofing, which seems to have worked well (I use the blank side of the boss normally, but the roundel side shows what I did).
I've also started to have a look at two Elm staves from a fairly small diameter trunk. I'm looking to make  90# @ 31" ELB, the skinnier stave may not be quite big enough, but it will let me gauge how the timber performs.

That's probably my lot for now until my end of year review. 
Seasons geetings to one and all. I do like to get past the winter Solstice, even though the coldest weather is still to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment