Saturday 11 December 2021

Wonky Yew English Longbow

 This is the last bow I'll complete this year and I'll shoot it tomorrow on a rove with the lads as the weather is due to be mild. It's one of two I started as potential replacements for the gorgeous character ELB that exploded. The bloke I'd made the character bow for chose the other, so this has been languishing unfinished for about a month.
Here's a composite photo showing unstrung, braced and full draw in one picture. Plus a couple of detail pics.

The bottom nock has a filled knot just below it which I think looks rather nice.

Just back from a glorious morning roving with the bow and some good mates. Sunshine, blue sky, good company, a tot of Walnut Brandy... bliss.
The bow out performed my expectations shooting about 200yards on one mark (slight tail wind). I used my regular field arrows (5/16" shaft) which are maybe a tad light for the bow at 400 gn. The 11/32" may have been better suited.
I'll add a pic of me at full draw later.



No comments:

Post a Comment