Thursday 2 December 2021

Soon be back!

 


I've got the re-roofing and cladding work done. Of courese there is loads of cleaning up to be done and whilst I've been doing that project other things have needed work.
Transformer for 12v lighting in the shower has failed. One sticking and one leaking tap. Flush in the upstairs loo was running non stop.... <sigh>
I've just tackled that last job. It's a flawed design which relies on the weight of water in the cistern to press the valve tightly sealed, but after a flush, there isn't enough weight to give a good seal and it leaks at the same rate as it's trying to fill. I took it apart and added a length of brass rod down the convenient tub that comes up the centre... that helps the initial seal and fixes it (for now).
I'm stacking all the old cladding round the back of the house and I can at last see the workshop floor.
The old cladding may be handy for bow experiments for light bows or maybe as a core wood. Failing that I'll make some planters.

1 comment: