Thursday 14 August 2014

Monkey Bow Lever Detail

I've made a new string to sit nicely in the shaped levers. there isn't enough wood on the tip of the lever to carve a monkey paw, so I gave up on that idea.
I've shot a few arrows and he seems to shoot really sweet and smooth, I've not checked the draw weight or speed yet...
I haven't finished off the other lever yet.  I'll tidy up the whole bow and keep it for a show bow mostly. I'm not sure if it would qualify as a 'primitive' at an NFAS shoot, it certainly is primitive, but they are supposed to be loosely based on some primitive design, and I'm not really sure this is!
 There is thunder rumbling around at the moment, maybe I'll get into the garage and check the weight and speed later, mind I need a good tidy up to get ready for the cider making season.

Here's a full draw shot... well very nearly full draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment