Monday 4 August 2014

Spliced Yew Shoots

I've got the horn nocks on and a new string. There is still a hint of the S shape to the bow so I'll fettle the nocks a tad just to fine tune the string line. You can see the pencil markon the nock nearest the camera indicating where I'll shift the centre line across a whisker, similarly at the other end, the odd mm or two can make a big difference in the look of a bow. (The string is the long tillering string with it's adjuster on it in that pic) The nocks aren't finished or polished yet and the back needs some careful cleaning up along with removing some tool marks.
You can see it on the tiller at full draw, actually it's about 1/2" overdrawn as I didn't adjust the scale to allow for the extra thick handle section, but that's neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. The limb tips look a bit asymmetric, but that reflects how they are in the unbraced state.
I shot 3 of my 11/32" arrows and they seemed to go away nicely fast and hard. I'll tune the arrow pass a bit and get the bracing height back (it dropped 1/2" as the string settled) I'll try it through the chrono' when it's all finished and shot in. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it up the club next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment