Thursday 11 October 2018

A Waiting Game

I've done a lot of work on the crossbow prod mounting and it will be much more solid when finished, the limbs won't be able to lift at all at the tips. I've had one more test shot at a fractionally lower brace and it was about 1.5 fps faster which is a refreshing change from the natural material prods which lost speed with each shot.
Once the mounting is finished, I've made a new string and optimised the brace height it should be pretty respectable... I recently saw a 175# crossbow advertised as having 145 fps which makes mine look rather good as it's prob only about 100-120# tops.
I've had to order a variety of screws for the prod mount and while I'm waiting for those, I've taken a little more off the Elder primitive. I've also had a chuck of wood with a nice natural curve which I'll use to make short levers for the Elder drying out on a radiator, still not sure if it's Ash or Willow, but once I start working with it, I'll probably find out!
That's about it really, done some pruning and tidying in the garden and generally been enjoying the fine weather.

Done some more and cut the splice for the levers, here's a pic of one dry assembled.




No comments:

Post a Comment