Tuesday 23 October 2018

Quick Arrow Puller and a Goody Bag



The bolts from the crossbow are damn near impossible to pull out of my target if they hit an area that hasn't been shot up a bit.
So I sketched a quick dirty arrow puller, and made a try out from scraps I had lying around.
It basically worked first time but needed a bit of fiddling to get the lever lengths right.
The important bit is the rubber lined groove to grip the bolt without damaging it.

I had a look for pics on the interweb to see if there were any good designs out there, some were over complex and others had more than one part (you can guarantee to lose one bit). I went for the generic basic design, but kept it simple by having a single sloppy joint where the arms meet rather than a fancy hinge with 2 degrees of movement.
It needs some movement to allow the device to be fitted round the bolt/arrow shaft.
Hopefully the pics, show how it works. The important thing is to pull for a short stroke and then re-position the clamp down the shaft, as one very long pull could bend or damage the shaft (you can make up your own jokes there! ).

Post just  arrived with some goodies from my Brother, some slitting saws which will go on my mill, and a couple of locks from old shotguns for me to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment