Tuesday 5 March 2019

Boo Yew Warbow Cleaned Up


Pretty much finished, arrow pass marked, one coat of Danish Oil, needs a string.
Top pic shows it immediately after glue up so you can see how much the shape has shifted, during completion, just a whisker of set.
Once I'd made the proper string and it was at a full 6" brace i checked it on the tiller. It was just short of 120# at 32"

You have to bear in mind that it is impossible to measure accurately as, if the bow has been strung for a few hours it will drop a few pounds. I'm also not going to hold it at 32" while I fastidiously check the draw length, then peer ate the scale. I wouldn't winch it back there and leave it while I pondered trying to read to the nearest pound.
The target was 110# or a tad over, which is pretty much what we've got :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment