Saturday 2 March 2019

Boo Yew Warbow

The glue up looked pretty good and I pressed on planing off the excess boo and glue from the sides and generally tidying it up and gluing on temporary nocks, ready for a quick look on the tiller.
It looked to have plenty of weigh but the outer limbs needed a good bit of reducing. As I took wood off the belly a knot appeared which need filling. That's been done and it's already at a low brace, hopefully I'll get some work done on it tomorrow as the weather will prob' be too wet and windy for shooting.
I'm pretty optimistic as it feels quite lithe and I already have it at a low brace.
I may need to glue a tin slat to the belly near the grip to make it a bit more rounded in the hand, but we'll see as it's gradually getting  narrower and more rounded anyway. It started out at 40 mm wide and is now down to about 47.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Derek, Haven't heard of tin slats before.
    Great blog as always.

    ReplyDelete