Monday 28 March 2011

Test Shots

The tillering string has been twisted up to give a good high brace and I've shot a couple of dozen arrows, with some slight tweaking on the tiller in between. Even with the wooden toggle on the string it shoots smooth and sweet. Here's a pic showing the upper limb and the areas where the grain swoops up and down and had caused some problems. I must confess to removing the 3 arrows which hadn't grouped so nicely - but I blame the tillering sting for the odd poor loose! The bow has taken very little set; held with it's belly against a wall I can only get one finger between the wall and the grip. The arrow pass corresponds with a slight bend/bulge and a knot which shows on the back of the bow and is a nice little feature, (the slight bulge can be seen at the lower left of the picture) and gives a slight natural comfortable shape to the grip area. I'm resisting the temptation to tinker with it anymore. I'll just shoot some more arrows and then do the horn nocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment