Friday, 24 April 2015

Hazel Warbow Full Draw

I spent a fair bit of time toying with the final tweaks to the warbow to make it more comfortable to shoot. I had considered turning it up the other way, but that would have needed too much re tillering.
Instead I slightly relieved the edge that was sticking into the base of my thumb, and the edge that was sticking out left on the belly side of the arrow pass. This probably dropped a whisker of draw weight as a tiny change in the middle of the bow becomes magnified by the time you get out to the tips. I also eased off the lower limb in the mid section where it didn't seem to be flexing as much as the rest of the limb.
The result is I can get to a decent full draw of about 31" which is physically about my limit, If I try to get more I just end up pulling the arrow left and getting a string bruise on my left tit.
Now I've seen how far I'm getting it back I can pull it that far on the tiller and weigh it... it may only be 85# ish, but it is what it is. I'm not after a specific weight per se, I want a bow that can be shot.
Just measured it at 31", it's about 83# That gives about 3.46 #/inch over the power stroke which shoul give about 86# at 32" which I s'pose isn't too far off the target of 90#.
It feels very lithe and I can't wait to try it on the flood plain.

I did take the precaution of warming up first on my 60# bow. Note the strapping on the left elbow too.
I'm finding my fitness is returning, now't like some sunshine and a bit of gardening to get the muscles and joints moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment