Wednesday 12 April 2017

Some You Win Some You Lose



Having reduced the log yesterday, I set about one I got earlier in the year, a marked contrast.
I was pushing the capacity of both me and the bandsaw pushing this half log through. The wood is awful, one half is just scrap and the other may just about squeeze out a stave or maybe a billet. Nope, roughed it down further and it's just scrap... To be fair, this was the "bad" side of the log, so I may get a stave or two out of the other half. Not today though, I'm knackered.
It just goes to show, how much do you pay for a log? the one yesterday was now't, favours for favours and friends of friends etc. Today's log cost a decent "drink" . Comme si comme ca and all that.
Must have a cuppa and a sit down... oh, I am sitting down!

I tidied up the sawn face of the other haf to help it go through the bandsaw better and it looks promising. Prob get it done tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment