Tuesday 2 February 2016

Back in the Saddle

That's back on both the bicycle and on the shave horse.
I cycled in to work this morning, a bit chilly but I took it easy and it was quite enjoyable, plenty of bird song to cheer me along.

I did the deflex bend on the AFB at the fades with steam last week.
Yesterday I sketched out the reflex for the rest of the limbs on some plywood and cut out a template to heat treat it with an aim to having zero or maybe a whisker of over all reflex. E.G Placed with back towards a straight it would touch at the tips and the handle or maybe with the handle just a little raised.

I combined the heat bend with some heat treating and the combination of the added reflex and the heat treating has brought the draw weight right up. With just the deflex it had dropped considerably as I could almost slip a string on at a low brace.
It's looking pretty good, as at brace and full draw it shouldn't have any visible reflex,
E.G The limbs should only curve in one direction.
Here are some pics. The middle one shows it after one limb has been reflexed

Thanks for all the kind wishes about my health. Soph' and I are both pretty much back to our old selves, although Soph' seems to be a tad withdrawn, but she's got her appetite back and is contented enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling back to your old self, all the best for a speedy recovery. Rgds Adrian

    ReplyDelete