Thursday 19 December 2019

Seasonal Break

I'll be a bit quiet over the holiday period as we are expecting a busy time due to the imminent arrival of identical twins courtesy of my daughter. Fingers crossed all goes well and I'll be a granddad!


I'm also busy doing some mechanical work converting my mini mill to belt drive and making a steel quick change tool post for the lathe (the cheapo Ali one works quite well but has a lot of flex).
Pic shows V pulleys for the motor (it will have 2 speeds) being turned for the belt drive. Good fun working out how to do it :-)

BTW, I found some nice stainless steel rings from http://www.gwr-fasteners.co.uk/
I bought a couple of 8mm x 40mm diameter to replace my broken string adjuster. The 8mm thickness works out to be about an inch adjustment for each turn of the string through the ring.

Anyway, seasons greetings to one and all, and I expect I'll post a round up of the year plus some news in a week or so.













Mr Hare says happy Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Derek. I check your posts every day.
    Good luck with the little ones and hope to see you again soon.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Derek, All the best from oop north!! Adrian

    ReplyDelete