Sunday 4 September 2022

Yew Primitive

 

I came across this Yew stave in my stash, I'd obviously started to rough it out as a primitive at some point (it had 2019 written on it). It had some sideways bend which I straightened by steaming at the grip. Some twist in one tip was also steamed out. It's only just starting to flex, I'm aiming for 45# @ 28".
It has a big character knot in the upper limb, which I may take all the way through as the limb is slimmed down. I've also noticed the lower limb is a fair bit wider than the upper, so that needs some attention.



I'm really noticing the seasons shifting now, a softer warmth, a hint of chill some mornings, the courgettes are beginining to go over as the apples come to ripeness.




















2 comments:

  1. This one checks all the boxes for me, Derek. This sweet thing would do admirably! Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete