Sunday 11 April 2021

Shooting Again!

 


I went over to Boyton Cross for a bit of roving with the gents. I took the recently finished reflexed Walnut bow, as it's not too heavy and I want to see how it performed. The first 3 shots were impressive but on the 4th it went BANG spectacularly.
A very symmetrical break, about 10" either side of the grip.  I suspect the sapwood broke where there is a small knot, but there are also some slight compression cracks showing so maybe the belly collapsed. It's hard to know without some really high speed video.
One of the guy lent me a bow to shoot, it was one made of Yew billets that I'd made for him some time back so it was good to shoot it again... mind I

was understandably nervous at full draw each time I shot!
It was brilliant to get out shooting again, a bit nippy, but some sunshine and good company, plenty of skylarks on the field too.




No comments:

Post a Comment