Sunday 18 July 2021

Testing the Re-worked Lever bow

 

I tried the re-worked lever bow with some flight arrows, the draw weight is now a bit lower, but the limbs at the splice and levers are lighter. I shot five arrows, mostly at about 280 yards, but one went 313 yards. The best arrows were 27" long at which length the bow is about 60#.
So I'm pretty happy with that distance from a 60# bow. It also shows that the splice can be quite slim and still withstand the shock and leverage. The 28" arrow flew less far than the others, but was a good bit heavier.

Having had one Yew bow explode due to bug damage in the sapwood, I've started another, there are some splits and knots in it, but it's a gorgeous character stave with some natural reflex. I'm going to avoid getting greedy and just aim for 40-45# @ 28", 72" long.

No comments:

Post a Comment