Wednesday 30 March 2022

Messing About With a Tired Bow

 I've not done much with bows lately as I've been tidying up the bick walls in the garden, most of the top course were loose and some had been laid frog uppermost! I've also improved the drainage chanel, adding a bit of width to the path or improved wheelchair access past the tap and hose reel.
I've not been particularly inspired to make a bow, but then I remembered a tired old bow that one of the guys from the club was going to throw out! He gave it to me to have a play with and see if I could do anything useful with it.
It's about 72.5" nock to nock Hickory, Purple heart and Lemonwood. It was marked as 80# @28" 32" max.
It had obviously been shot a lot at 32" and has taken a nasty 2 1/4" of set.
I plan to saw along the purple heart and see how the back and belly recover when separated. Then I'll decide where to go from there... Maybe a 60# @ 28"?








No comments:

Post a Comment