Tuesday 16 March 2021

Walnut Bow Is a right Pain!

 It's been driving me to distraction, even slight changes seem to make the tiller shift from one limb stiff to the other limb stiff and back and forth. I've take it slow steady and methodical, I think one problem has been that any heat treating has allowed the bow to try and return to its original shape.
Anyhow it's virtually there now, but even just taking out the tool marks with the scraper on each limb seemed to cause a bit of shift... I'm almost dreading putting on the horn nock overlays.
I've been videoing it as I've done the work and made a Youtube playlist... it dawned on me it's rather long, but then it need patience to make a bow so a bit of patience may be needed to watch the process!
Can't seem to get anything right on this bow! I cut the nock grooves in the wrong nocks... grr... I had


enough bulk on one to re-shape it, but had to re-do the top nock to accommodate a stringer groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment