Sunday 15 September 2019

Wych Elm Shot In

I took the Wych Elm to be tested today by JD the guy who had brought me the stave, it had a good few dozen through it and was lobbing heavyish regular arrows over the 200 yards with ease. It'd be interesting to see what it did with an out and out flight arrow. It was declared to be a nice roving bow and as such I'll get it finished up. It would probably work nicely as a field shooting bow too.

I'd also taken the crossbow out to try and get some sight marks at 20 and 30 yards.
I was v inconsistent, possibly due to a bit of a back strain, which I exacerbated when pulling out an obstinate bolt.
On the plus side I picked a bag of blackberries.


2 comments:

  1. What did the DW end up as?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked it on the tiller 70# @ 28 which is 75#-76# @ 30" depending on how I do the arithmetic.

      Delete