Saturday 21 March 2020

Just a Chat

Hi everyone,
I've been working on some bows and doing a video build along of a Boo, Yew English Longbow, part 1 is done. Started on part 2.

There has been some daft stuff on Youtube suggesting bonkers ways to draw a warbow. The discussions on Facebook went on rather a lot... so I went into full rant mode and made a video.
If you want 4 minutes of sensible perspective punctuated with swearing and sarcasm have a look!
Warbow Secrets and Mysteries Rant
I'm hoping to shoot on Sunday, a handful of us may get out and lob a few arrows in an isolated field keeping our distance, and of course there will be no beer and chips on the way home.
If we meet up, I'll be able to hand over a bow that I've done some repairs on.
I suggested payment should be a tin of chickpeas or a bog roll ;-)
... my mate replied "That's a bit steep! Will you accept a bottle of wine!" LOL!

Anyhow, I hope you are all keeping yourselves amused, I expect there are a lot of arrows being made... handy for if it all kicks off in the Supermarket carpark.
Stay safe
Del

2 comments:

  1. "... a lot fewer mysteries"
    Beautiful - "less" with uncountable nouns, "fewer" with countables.
    Aaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post may seem odd in years to come...one needs to realise it was during the Covid 19 pandemic.

    ReplyDelete